Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Cooking Herbs


Cooking herbs as we like to refer to it are a range of herbs that are used for culinary purposes/cooking. They are used generally to enhance or change a flavour of a certain food. There are many type of herbs, some are considered medicinal and they are used mainly for physical ailments and to enhance or cure health problems. But this blog isn't about medicinal herbs, It will be all about cooking or culinary herbs. I love many types of herbs for their variety of purposes. In the case of culinary herbs they enhance any sort of dish from meat, seafood,vegetables,soups,stews,pastas and even to baked goods. I have always loved to experiment with spices and flavours and also love to cook and bake. I used to buy the majority of my spices at the grocery store and still do buy them. But recently have started to grow my own at home. It is very simple to do and you get a supply of fresh herbs all year round that are much better tasting, economical, healthier as they are free from chemicals, not to mention the satisfaction of eating what you grow. My purpose of this blog is to share with others my herb adventures and to educate others on the various herbs and their uses. Also to give you tips as to where to grow, buy, prepare and find resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment